Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sketchbook


(click on image to enlarge)

I have been working like a madman to get my collection of drawings printed and put together by Christmas. It has been a very time consuming project for me. I have been wanting to print a collection of my drawings for quite some time. I decided that I am going to limit the printing to only 35 copies. It will be 20 pages long, printed on a light desaturated yellow paper. There will be a centerfold and a vellum insert. The cover will be on a heavy green stock and I will be drawing on each of the covers. This will hopefully make each issue unique from one another. I plan on giving them as gifts at Christmas time.

The last collection I did like this was back in 2002 when I had just moved back to Colorado from Arizona. I was a guest at the annual Comic Convention here in Denver. At that time I thought that it would be fun to put together a collection of all of the drawings I had in my sketchbook and sell them. I priced them at $6.00 and I was very surprised at how well they sold......... the imagery I draw surely isn't for everyone.

The image above did make it into the sketchbook but it will appear black and white. I like to add color to my images once in a while. It lets me see my technique from a different perspective and shows me that sometimes I need to open up and not be so heavy in the areas that I cross-hatch.

Jack

No comments: