Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!


(click on image to enlarge)

I have been back at work for a total of 2 days now and thankfully it has been very uneventful. The hardest thing I have had to do besides getting to work on time is changing a legal line on an illustration that I did of Winnie the Pooh for P&G. I had a lot of back and forth between legal and art director and account service to figure out if a period needed to be added to the end of the mandatory line. Disney legal sent it to us without the period, copyediting wanted to add the period......... I had no source to make the corrections. It is amazing how a simple thing like a punctuation mark can be made extremely difficult.

I have 29 days before I leave for Japan. I am getting more and more excited everyday. My friends Ryan Philbrick and Rie Speer just got back from their visit to Japan and gave me some ideas of things that I should try and do to document this trip. I hope that I can keep up with all of the things we are going to do while we are in Japan. Since this will be my Mothers first trip to Japan, I want to be able to document this well for her so she can have a really fun and lasting memory of her "adventure to Japan".

The illustration above is another one that I did for Wizard Magazine back in 1999. I felt that it would be appropriate to post since today has started out to be a rather blah day for me. If I remember correctly, this was when Wolverines claws had turned to bone and there was rumor that he was going to get back the adamantium that covered them. One of the ways Wizard proposed is that he would do this was by eating "adamantium burritos". I look back at this stuff and I am amazed that I really liked drawing this fanboy type illustration.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

Jack

No comments: