Thursday, January 19, 2006

Clown of Clay


(click on image to enlarge)

It has been 12 days since my last update........... I have not been able to find the time to post here with content I can be proud of. I have been thinking of just posting an image every other day and let the art speak for itself....... just an idea.

Trip to Japan countdown: 14 days

Work has been busy as usual. I have been working very hard on some illustrations for an internal project for my company. Once these things get printed I will post the images.

I have been avoiding working on another internal project for my company. Our senior management proposed that each person that works at the company will be allowed a 12 inch x 12 inch wooden square to draw on and express their own individuality. These will then be hung on an inner wall that goes throughout the inside of the building. They approached five employees to finish their "square" and do a presentation to the senior management team. I am one of the lucky five. I have not figured out why I was chosen as one of those five........

I decided that I would create a sculpture or I guess in this case I would be creating a "relief". I have been having a hard time getting motivated to work on the project because I know how much work lies ahead of me to get this piece to the level I feel it needs to be at. I have told myself that I will be devoting this next whole weekend to completing this project. If the weather stays like it is (cold and snowy), I don't think that I will have any problem getting this finished.

Since this post has been about sculpture, I thought I would share an image of a sculpture that I completed a couple of months ago. For some reason I really enjoy drawing and sculpting clowns. I am not sure why....... I have never had any weird episodes with a clown.

Enjoy,

Jack

No comments: