Sunday, October 26, 2008

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.


(click on image to enlarge)

I started another illustration this morning and I thought that I would show a detail of where I am with it so far........ This part of the image might change once I get around to solving the illustration as a whole. I am really happy so far with the expressiveness of the marks and tone of the image. It is interesting to illustrate these images in a neutral tone and then doing the color work in Photoshop as a separate layer. This allows me to have greater control of the image and adjust where necessary. This technique is very similar to layering with glazes when doing a traditional painting. I will try and update this image as I go along (if I don't get bored with it first.......).

Here is the updated image.



(click on image to enlarge)

I was really surprised where this illustration ended up. I knew I was going to create a zombie, but I wasn't really sure what kind. I guess it is alright that I ended up with a female zombie still in her bathrobe. I am guessing she became one of the walking dead sometime after breakfast, before the kids almost made it to school.

Happy Halloween,

Jack

No comments: