Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Dauber!!!!



(click on image to enlarge)

Sorry, that it has been a while since I last posted. Things have been busy for me....... Work, finding a new truck, work and life in general have really taken me over....

Today is my Boston Terrier Dauber's 8th birthday. When I finally decided to find a dog to join my family, I was going back and forth between a Bulldog, Boston Terrier and a Pug. I am very fascinated by the "flat" face characteristic that all of these breeds have. I did a lot of research into which dog would be the best for me. I finally settled on the Boston Terrier breed since the breeding of these dogs has the least amount of hereditary problems and that they are too damn cute.

I then decided to name my little guy "Dauber".

dauber: n.
1. The act or a stroke of daubing.
2. A soft adhesive coating material such as plaster, grease, or mud.
3. Matter daubed on.
4. A crude, amateurish painting or picture.

Dauber really has been a very big part of my life for the past 7 years. Although I don't get to see him during the week as much as I would like, the weekends are always fun and full of games of fetch and tag. Dayber has a birthday coming up this month and there will definitely be a party for him of some sort. It will include a brand new frisbee for him to chew on.

Recently, I have been messing around with the program Corel Painter X. This morning I decided to "daub" out a pic of my little guy. You can see the results above. This image probably took about 30-45 minutes to do. So far this painting program has been pretty cool, but I do have a long way to go before I know it as well as I know Photoshop. I will forever be a Photoshop guy, but I am sure that this program will crossover well into that platform.

Enjoy,

Jack

No comments: