Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday Afternoon Sketch


GARASTIMPY

(click on image to enlarge)

I have been working really hard on a couple of different photo retouch assignments and I decided I needed to take a break and this drawing was the result of my time well spent.

So, since I seem to be only working in photoshop as of late, and not doing much traditional drawing. I have been trying to sketch as much as possible so my drawing skills do not become rusty.

The sketch above was inspired by the Japanese Ultraman character "Garamon", and the wonderful Spumco character, "Stimpy". I have been revisiting all of those old Ren and Stimpy cartoons that I enjoyed so much while I was in college. It is amazing that they still inspire me today just as much as they did way back then.

If you are at all interested in Garamon, please check out Michael Nordstom's blog Garamania!.
It is a great source of well researched info and pictures for all things Garamon.

Joy,

Jack

No comments: