Wednesday, October 10, 2007

COORS SNOW POSTER CAMPAIGN

This years Coors snow program was very challenging for me, but at the same time, it was very fulfilling for me to work on. I was given the task of illustrating three posters depicting the "Legendary" aspects of Coors Banquet. The illustration style was to be based on the technique and style of the Kaiju illustrations I created back in January. I think there is a similarity in the style and technique, but since I ended up drawing everything and not using any photography, there is a definite difference in the look and feel of the illustrations.

When I am given an assignment for an illustration, the Art Director usually provides me a comp, some reference images and what written copy will be needed on the art. I then proceed to the pencil stage, where I will do some initial sketches of what I have in mind for the illustration. I then show this to the Art Director for approval.



(click on image to enlarge)


(click on image to enlarge)


(click on image to enlarge)


(click on image to enlarge)


(click on image to enlarge)


(click on image to enlarge)

It was quite a daunting task to get these illustrations approved by the Coors legal department due to the subject matter. (no Joe Camel here....) But after a few changes and color tweaks, they were approved.

This Coors Snow Poster Campaign was entered into this years Art Directors Club of Denver Annual Show competition and was fortunate enough to be awarded three times.

1. Gold - for Illustration
2. Gold - for Design: (collateral design - posters - campaign)
3. Silver - for Print Advertising: (collateral - posters - campaign)

Also, the snowboards I illustrated for this campaign were recognized with a Bronze - for Print Advertising (consumer magazine - color full page or spread - campaign).

Enjoy,

Jack

No comments: