Wednesday, March 28, 2007

PICKLED SKUMBO

I had posted back in August 2006 that I had been invited to create a custom Skumbo vinyl toy for the custom toy show "HIJACKED" (Because Homage is Just a Fancy Word for Stealing): Custom Skumbo Show out in Long Beach, CA. Well, over 9 months have passed and the show has not happened yet. I became a little worried and contacted the curator........ Thankfully, the curator was kind enough to send my little guy back to me.

Originally, the curator asked us if we would only post teaser pics and not the full image shots of the Skumbo. Now that I have my little guy back in my possession and since I will not be part of this particular custom show anymore, here are some pics of my finished custom Skumbo.

Here is the little guy before customization:



Concept sketch:


(click on image to enlarge)

In progress:


(click on image to enlarge)

Finished pics:


(click on image to enlarge)


(click on image to enlarge)


(click on image to enlarge)

This guy is still up for sale. If interested, please leave me a comment. I will get back to you a.s.a.p.

I have been bitten by the custom toy bug again and have three different custom toys in the works. Stay tuned, I will be posting some images soon.

Jack

1 comment:

````````` said...

Bloody Rancid! You should post this over at sketchcult they would love it!