Sunday, February 25, 2007

HOOTERS 3


(click on image to enlarge)

The February issue of Hooters Magazine is out on the newsstands, that means it is time for another Coors Light ad drawn by yours truly. This illustration was a challenge for me because I really had no idea what I was going to do. I knew that the girl was going to be blonde, and the winner of a beauty pageant, but that was about it. I went back and forth on whether I should make her a "dingy" blonde or if I should go for a more straight forward approach. I decided on the latter...... although the way I drew her head to the side does make her look a little air headed, but I thought that the pose was cute. I kind of based her pose on an old calender pin-up drawn by the legendary George Petty.

Comparing all of the ads I have drawn so far, I really had a good time creating the background for this piece. I had originally created the backround in a purple hue, to contrast with the yellow in her hair, but the powers that be felt that the background did not look "cold" enough and I had to change it to the "cold" blue color. I also really like the textures and the painted "masked" look of all the other girl contestants. I am really glad that I have the opportunity and freedom to experiment in the backgrounds of these ads. I really enjoy creating the contrasting textures, colors and elements of the foreground and background. In a very strange way, I am reminding myself of the look and feel of the artist Maurice Noble when I create these ads.

Please remember to always buy Coors products.

Enjoy,

Jack

No comments: