Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Japan..... Here I come!!!


(click on image to enlarge)

I just finished packing and I am off to my parent's house. I will stay there tonight. From there we will leave for our early flight tomorrow morning to San Francisco. We have a one hour layover in San Fran, then we fly for 10 hours to Tokyo. I am not looking forward to the long flight. Last time I went to Japan, I could not sleep on the plane at all..... I just sat there and read and watched very boring movies..... I could not even get inspired to draw. I guess I was nervous with anticipation. This time I plan on drawing.... not sure what, but I will draw something.

I will say that I am very excited to see Japan again. There are some really cool things that will be happening on this trip. I get to go to a Japanese wedding, I will see my girlfriend's family again.... I could just go on and on.

I am going to try and update the blog while I am in Japan. I am not sure how much computer access I will have. My girlfriend will have her laptop with us but I don't know when or if I will be able to use it....... If I don't update while I am in Japan, I will do a nice long post about the trip when I get back here to Colorado.

I am also very excited that my Mother is going along on the trip. This is her first time out of the country so it will be interesting to see her reactions to the different culture. It will be good to have some Mother and Son time.

The image up above is a sculpture I did about a year ago. This was right after I did my Kabuki horse sculpture. I really like the Japanese theme combined with some sort of animal. This obviously is a rhino, and he is a sumo wrestler in his "Dress" uniform. Not sure why I did this, but I think it turned out nice.

Trip to Japan countdown: less than 24 hours

Jack

No comments: